Getting streamjava.io.EOFException when creating the merging databases to generate clover-report

Hi, I am getting the Exception below when i merge the databases before creating the coverage report. I read that i should allocate more memory to Ant in http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28870 which i already did (export ANT_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xms256m")

Is this a known issue ?

Failed to load coverage recording RecordingTranscripts.FileRef[datafile=/data/X/clover/build/Build/.internal/db/allcoverage.dbmjf5o4_h0ev7p16, testRecording=false, typedTestId=-1, runId=0, hash=1362875764, timestamp=1333089743226] java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input streamjava.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(InflaterInputStream.java:223) at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:141) at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218) at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:258) at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317) at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:178) at java.io.DataInputStream.readLong(DataInputStream.java:399) at com.cenqua.clover.BaseRecording$Header.read(BaseRecording.java:65) at com.cenqua.clover.BaseRecording$Header.<init>(BaseRecording.java:55) at com.cenqua.clover.RecordingTranscripts.readCoverageFromDisk(RecordingTranscripts.java:42) at com.cenqua.clover.RecordingTranscripts$FileRef.read(RecordingTranscripts.java:356) at com.cenqua.clover.CoverageDataCollator.collateRecordingFiles(CoverageDataCollator.java:116) at com.cenqua.clover.CoverageDataCollator.loadCoverageData(CoverageDataCollator.java:66) at com.cenqua.clover.CloverDatabase.loadCoverageData(CloverDatabase.java:164) at com.cenqua.clover.CloverDatabase.loadCoverageData(CloverDatabase.java:159) at com.cenqua.clover.CloverDatabase.merge(CloverDatabase.java:379) at com.cenqua.clover.tasks.CloverMergeTask.cloverExecute(CloverMergeTask.java:101) at com.cenqua.clover.tasks.AbstractCloverTask.execute(AbstractCloverTask.java:55) at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106) at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348) at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:68) at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106) at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348) at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:398) at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106) at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348) at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:390) at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:411) at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399) at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368) at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41) at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251) at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:809) at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217) at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280) at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Such exception might occassionally happen when the JVM is shut down and Clover is in the middle of writing coverage data. However, please note that Clover is flushing it's data to two alternate files, so even if one file is corrupted due to JVM termination, the previous file should be fine and Clover will take the uncorrupted one for report generation.

In case you're not able to generate a report due to this exception, feel free to raise a ticket for Clover Support.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

121 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you