Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Client side code coverage in Smart GWT web applications

Dulsara Manupriyal February 15, 2017

Hi,

I am using web application which use smart gwt and gwt  use for client code. However Client code is written in java. But normal scenario I  got 0 coverage for Client code by using clover  . Then I search for method which can get client side code coverage of web app which use smart gwt and ant for build tool. I found this answer https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/Using+Clover-for-Ant+with+GWT

But I could not get what it tell? Please advice me how to get client code coverage  in smart gwt web application which use ANT as build tool.

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2017

Hi Dulsara,

As stated in Using+Clover-for-Ant+with+GWT:

You can instrument server-side code only. This is due to a nature of the Google Web Toolkit which translates client and shared parts into a JavaScript. If you try to instrument client code, GWT will search for sources of all referenced classes, including the Clover instrumentation, which will cause a build failure.

You cannot get Clover's code coverage for GWT client code in a normal build. The only thing you could try is to run unit tests without translating Java into JavaScript, e.g. by using GwtTest framework. See Using+Clover+with+the+GWT-maven+plugin.

Cheers
Marek 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events