I am new to using clover tool and have some specific questions on code coverage using clover.
I have a separate machine from where I have run my automated functional tests and this machine will be configured to connect to other specific machnies via shm proxy. I am assuming that once I have clover.db with has reference to all of the source code that is installed in other machines that my test machine is configured to talk to can I do the folloiwng:
1) I can port the clover.db to my test machine where I will be running my testNG suites
2) Add clover.jar to teh class path and run my testNG suites and clover_html file will be generated
3) Then as a final step run the following command to get clover reports:
java com.cenqua.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html
Can somebody confirm if these steps are valid?
In principle, that's about it. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/Clover+Command+Line+Tools
To use the tools in your build system, the synopsis is:
- Copy and instrument your source files using CloverInstr.
- Compile the instrumented source files using a standard java compiler.
- Execute your tests using whatever framework.
- (Optional) If you have multiple separate coverage databases, merge them using CloverMerge.
- Use either the XmlReporter, HtmlReporter , PDFReporter or ConsoleReporter to view the measured coverage results.
But why are you using command line tools ? There's a nice ant / maven integration for clover.
Hi, Atlassian Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Tre...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events