Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Atlassian Clover for IDEA support IntelliJ 13?

J December 3, 2013

When I added the Atlassian Clover for IDEA plugin to a fresh IntelliJ 13 install my project will not build with clover enabled and has the following error on every class:

package com_cenqua_clover does not exist.

Anyone else running into this or is this a problem in just my environment?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2013

Yes, there are few compatibility issues related with the latest IDEA13. See:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOV-1395

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2013

Update: I'm working on it and I expect to release Clover 3.2.1 with a hot fix in January.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
January 1, 2014

Problem:

Clover 3.2.0 under IDEA13 throws "NoSuchMethodError" when trying to load a license key from a file ('About Clover' window > 'License' button > 'Load' button).

Workaround:

Copy a license key to the clipboard and use the 'Paste' button.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
January 1, 2014

Problem:

Compilation of code instrumented by Clover 3.2.0 under IDEA13 fails with an error message "package com_cenqua_clover does not exist". This is caused by a fact that the Clover JAR file is not found (the "Clover IDEA Plugin" in Project Structure > Global Libraries) in the external build process. This is releated with a bug http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-118928.

Workaround:

Copy the Clover JAR to a location outside the IDEA's plugin directory (typically ~\.IntelliJIdea\config\plugins). Add this JAR as a dependency to your module(s).

For example:

Open the Project Structure dialog. Go to the "Platform Settings > Global Libraries". Find the "Clover IDEA Plugin" global library on the list and copy the path to JAR (e.g. "c:\Users\Alice\.IntellijIDEA\config\plugins\clover-idea-3.2.0.jar"). Copy this JAR to another location (e.g. "C:\MyLibraries\clover-idea-3.2.0.jar"). Define new global library (e.g. "Clover IDEA Plugin 2"). Add this library as dependency to your modules.

Tip: do not modify exisiting "Clover IDEA Plugin" - if you change a path, it will be reset by Clover.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
January 1, 2014

Problem:

Whenever a run configuration (for instance for JUnits) is edited, new NullPointerException entries will appear in the Event Log view. For example:

null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.cenqua.clover.idea.junit.config.OptimizedConfigurationSettingsPanel.resetEditorFrom(OptimizedConfigurationSettingsPanel.java:63)

or

null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.cenqua.clover.idea.junit.config.OptimizedConfigurationSettingsPanel.applyEditorTo(OptimizedConfigurationSettingsPanel.java:76)

This is related with Clover's test optimization feature.

Workaround:

Not possible. Test optimization with Clover 3.2.0 and IDEA13 will not work. Please wait for a Clover 3.2.1 bug fix release.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events