Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-Dclover.initstring.basedir={location of the db files that were created by the clover} settings

khadeer ahmed July 18, 2016

Hi,

I Am a new user to the clover. I have implemented a unit test cases and working as expected in my IDE(using TestNG+Maven in java).

Now my next task is to deploy the same into a server container and perform the same.

I followed the instructions as mentioned (https://dzone.com/articles/use-clover-generate-code-0).

I am not clear on the -Dclover.initstring.basedir={location of the db files that were created by the clover} settings where do we need to set (file name/path/place).

Please suggest me the further directions.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2016

Hi Ahmed,

Now my next task is to deploy the same into a server container and perform the same.

Are you deploying your application to a server running on your workstation? Or to some remote machine? In case you're running a server locally - what working directory is set - does it point to your Eclipse workspace? 

I'm asking because in case you run it locally and the working directory is the same, the clover.initstring.basedir parameter should be obsolete, i.e. Clover should be able to locate databases.

The clover.initstring.basedir parameter is required in case Clover is unable to find databases. Which happens when relative paths are used for initstring (which is the default setting in Eclipse) and when the JVM process starts from a different working directory (so that relative paths cannot match).

Alternatively, you can use absolute paths in initstring.

khadeer ahmed July 19, 2016

First of all I would like to thank for your very quick response.

yes I have to deploy it to a remote server. Before to that I wanted to test the same in my local, hence I have created a local server in my machine wherein I will be deploying a war(application-clover.war) with clover jar(clover-4.1.1.jar) files.

Now I wanted to run my application to execute my unit test cases, As I have mentioned above I am using TestNG in maven build. through IDE(eclipse) i have an interface to run my test cases. Please suggest how to do that via command prompt with any settings I have missed as per my link(https://dzone.com/articles/use-clover-generate-code-0).

Please suggest me what should I do to deploy a application-clover.war and clover.jar so that I can execute my test cases. I have defined the clover.db path in my pom.xml as well.

Thanks,

Ahmed

khadeer ahmed July 19, 2016

Please help me out on this.

My task is to deploy a war file built by maven into a server which also has test classes.

How do i need to execute those test case classes.

What I have currently is application-clover.war, clover.db and clover,jar.

with these in my hand tell me how to proceed further to execute my test cases deployed on a server and generate a report via clover

Thanks,

Ahmed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events