Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code not getting instrumented

sha d September 9, 2011

I could get my WebAppplication (with JBoss on Eclipse) running using Run As and Run With Clover As but the code is not getting instrumented. I see no errors while jboss is coming up. So what configuration should i use. I successfully integrated Clover, i enabled clover for my project, my code is colored in pink, my classes have been rebuilt, i can see all the 4 clover stats tabs. But when i start using my web application its not hitting the code nor the stats are getting updated. Help is appreciated as im stuck here and support just taking too much time, cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2013

There are two potential problems:

1) Clover database (clover.db) is not accessible from JBoss

2) Clover runtime (clover.jar) is not present in class path

ad 1) Make sure that clover.db is available. If you deploy an application to the JBoss installed on your PC, then you can use an absolute path for initstring (Project Properties > Clover > Instrumentation > Initstring > use "custom value" and disable "relative to project dir"). Alternatively you can use relative initstring and provide -Dclover.initstring.basedir property for JBoss.

ad 2) You can copy the Clover JAR (e.g. from <eclipse_dir>\plugins\com.cenqua.clover.runtime_3.1.11.v20130325000000\clover-runtime.jar) to <jboss_dir>/lib directory.

Or you can add Clover JAR to the application's /lib directory (and package it into EAR/WAR).

Or you can add -Xbootclasspath/a:/your/path/to/clover-runtime.jar as VM argument in the Run Configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events