Clover support for native build mechanism

In our project, we are not using any build scripting mechanisms for the build process. We are building using native javac compiler. I want to know the process of integrating clover into the native build system for coverage. Is this possible? if yes, can you please provide me a sample for POC. 

1 answer

0 vote

Clover works in 2 phases

* Source Code instrumentation (Clover also creates a sources map in a Clover db in that step)

-> Code compilation and execution is required for Clover to gather code coverage but it's not strictly related to Clover product

* Clover Report generation

So in case like yours you need to:

* Use Clover CLI to instrument all your sources

* Compile the instrumented sources with javac (like you do it now but remember to compile instrumented sources and add clover.jar to the classpath) 

* Run tests, execute your code, Make sure you shutdown JVM gracefully 

* Use  Clover CLI to generate reports 

* Enjoy the code coverage report 

That's all, we don't have any step by step documentation how to achieve that. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

61 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you