Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover select box showing multiple scans/jobs and I want 1.

Dave Brunkow May 15, 2013

We have Bamboo integrated with clover. Our build has two jobs, job A and job B. Job B has the clover scan while job A does the original build and deploy. When I go to look at clover coverage, I see two jobs listed in the select box, job A which is incomplete and job B which has the clover results.

Two questions?

1. Is there a way to remove job A? Is there a report hidden under target I need to blast?

2. Is there a way to order job B before job A?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2013

Is there a way to order job B before job A?

If you want to change an order in which jobs are listed on the 'Stages and Jobs' then just rename these jobs (they're sorted alphabetically).

If you want to change the build order of these jobs, so that in case when JobA fails then JobB won't be executed, then you shall put them into separate stages (note that jobs in the same stage are being executed in parallel).

Dave Brunkow May 20, 2013

Build A has no clover results, why show it. I'm looking to have only the jobs with results in the select box.

If I can't get that, then I want to order them the way I want. Having to change the name of a build plan to force order seems improper.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2013

... with results in the select box.

Kind you specify what select box do you have in mind? Are you talking about the 'Stages & Jobs' list on a Build Summary page? I'm asking because I'd like to ensure that we're talking about the same thing.

Dave Brunkow May 27, 2013

The select box appears after clicking on the Clover tab. The select box will specify which code coverage summary you will see.

Dave Brunkow May 27, 2013

You will see a select box of jobs.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2013

List of jobs on a Build Summary page is a Bamboo feature and is shown no matter whether Clover results are available or not.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2013

> Is there a way to remove job A?

Why do you want to remove it?

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2013

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure if I reproduced exactly the same:

1. I created a plan with JobA (no clover) and JobB ('automatically integrate clover into this build' selected)

2. I ran the plan.

3. In the build summary I see two jobs listed.

JobA has a following tabs available: Job Summary, Tests, Changes, Artifacts, Logs, Clover, Metadata.

JobB has following tabs: Job Summary, Tests, Changes, Artifacts, Logs, Metadata.

So this looks fine, actually.

However, I've found a following tricky interaction:

* select JobA from a 'Stages & Jobs' list,

* select "Clover" tab for this job, Clover report is shown as expected

* select JobB, it displays a message 'No code coverage data available for this build'

A reason of this is that Bamboo tries to preserve the same active tab when switching between jobs. So URLs selected looks like this:

http://localhost:8085/build/result/viewCloverResult.action?buildKey=CCD-CMA-JOBA&buildNumber=9

http://localhost:8085/build/result/viewCloverResult.action?buildKey=CCD-CMA-JOBB&buildNumber=9

and as you can see the viewCloverResult action is chosen for JobB, which does not have a Clover report of course.

The open question is whether it's a bug (i.e. Bamboo shall switch to a default tab) or a feature (i.e. it shall keep the active tab, even if report is not available). :-)

Cheers
Marek

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2013

If your case is different, then please attach screen shots.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events