Clover report: NCLOC is greater than LOC

Amarnath_Alapati August 31, 2017

I am using Clover to collect code coverage report for a perl project. I observed that the LOC is always less than NCLOC.  From my understanding of LOC, it is the total lines of code and NCLOC is non-comment lines of code. 

Is this expected or a problem in report generation ? 

<coverage generated="1502211630" clover="1.01" >
3 <project timestamp="1502211630" name="Devel::Cover::Report::Clover">
4 <metrics packages="27" elements="16" coveredelements="16" statements="12" coveredstatements="12" compl exity="0" files="227" loc="22295" ncloc="58665" classes="237" conditionals="0" coveredconditionals="0" methods ="4" coveredmethods="4"/>

Let me know if you need more details.  

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hey, 

From my understanding of LOC, it is the total lines of code and NCLOC is non-comment lines of code. 

That's right.  LOC is total lines of code and NLOC is non-comment lines of code and NLOC  should be lower or equal LOC.

However,  if you use Clover for a perl project, the problem might be in a report covnerter, since Clover is not able to gather coverage from perl projects. 

Amarnath_Alapati September 5, 2017

Thanks Grzegorz. I am using Devel::Cover::Clover::Report package for generating the report.  I will try and look from that side. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events