Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover liverec file gets deleted each time a clover report is generated. How can I avoid it from being deleted?

Somesh Kumar June 9, 2013

I have been testing clover and its powerful and user friedly coverage reports and loving it. I seem to have stumbled upon a roadblock. I have set clover to generate db realtime when the application is up and running. To achieve this I have used flushpolicy="threaded" flushinterval="1000" in clover-setup. I can see the db file size getting increased as I use more and more of my application.

But everytime I generate a clover-report the liverec file gets deleted and any further code coverage is not recorded. Is there any way wherein my generating a report will not impact the recordings?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2013

Hi Somesh,

liverec file gets deleted and any further code coverage is not recorded

Removal of the .liverec file shall not affect a process of recording code coverage in any way. The .liverec file is being used as an indicator that coverage recording process has not finished yet - the clover-report task will delay report generatoion in such case (by default up to 3 seconds).

and preventing it from loosing track of the live code coverage

I suspect that code coverage is still being recorded and written to disk, actually. Removal of .liverec file just caused that report was generated without a 3-second delay and some areas of your application were not covered yet at this time.

Cheers
Marek

Somesh Kumar June 23, 2013

Marek

I tried what you suggested with the additional gap of more than 3 seconds upto more than 5 minutes but there was no change in db file size. Which makes me believe that .liverec file is important for the recording process. I recreated the same scenario without deleting the file and there was a constant increase in db size.

Am I missing something here? Why everytime I generate a report in a running build the .liverec gets deleted and my code coverage does not happen any more. Size of the db remains stagnant.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2013

I'd love to investigate it further. Could you please raise an issue at http://support.atlassian.com and attach build files, logs, database and an html report? We will post an answer on this forum as soon as the problem is resolved.

0 votes
Somesh Kumar June 18, 2013

Can anyone help me out here?

I found a workaround though. If I copy all the clover db files into my windows system from my linux box and generate the report on windows, this way I avoid the liverec from getting deleted and preventing it from loosing track of the live code coverage.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events