Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover is not capturing code coverage percentage for one of the Java Virtual machine application where as it is capturing for anothe application which is using same JVM and running parallel.

Rajendra Kumar S January 20, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2015

1. Please check whether an application log contains messages like:

"CLOVER: Unable to load the coverage database at <path>"
"CLOVER: No coverage data will be gathered."

Thanks to this you will know whether an application located database file correctly.

2. I see that you're using <clover-instr> with default settings for flush policy and flush interval (as they're not defined in your script). Do you terminate both JVMs after tests?

I'm asking because, by default, coverage recording files are being written at JVM shutdown. Which means that if your JVM is running indefinitely, you'll have no coverage recording files. I suggest using <clover-instr flushpolicy="interval"/>.

3. Do you use the same version of clover.jar in both JVMs?

WRT passing any arguments to JVMs: according to your description there's no need to pass any arguments to JVMs.

Rajendra Kumar S January 22, 2015

Thanks Merek..Appreciate your support...It worked for us!! We are able to get code coverage from both the JVMs.

Please can you explain what does <clover-instr flushpolicy="interval"/>. do ?

and also we are getting below exception in one of the JVM:

15:31:18,889 INFO [javax.baja.web.BWebServer] Scheduling restart in 5 seconds.
ERROR: java.security.AccessControlException flushing coverage for recorder C:\Clover\honeywellSpyderTool_clover.dbi1as7_i57yz3v8: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Clover" "read")
ERROR: java.security.AccessControlException flushing coverage for recorder C:\Clover\honeywellSpyderTool_clover.dbi1as7_i57yz3v8: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Clover" "read")
ERROR: java.security.AccessControlException flushing coverage for recorder C:\Clover\honeywellLonSpyder_clover.dbgdlx9_i57yz4as: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Clover" "read")
2015-01-22 15:31:24.089:WARN:oejuc.AbstractLifeCycle:webServerConfig: FAILED ServerConnector@4186f4{SSL-HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:443}: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Any signification of this error?

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2015

> Please can you explain what does <clover-instr flushpolicy="interval"/>. do ? Please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/Using+a+Flush+Policy > ERROR: java.security.AccessControlException flushing coverage for recorder C:\Clover\honeywellSpyderTool_clover.dbi1as7_i57yz3v8: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Clover" "read") Please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/Working+with+Restricted+Security+Environments

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2015

I recommend to check:

• what initstring has been used in both applications during compilation
    • is default value used or a custom one?
    • is it an absolute or a relative path?
    • are values the same in both applications?
  • whether any of -Dclover.initstring or -Dclover.initstring.basedir parameters are being passed to JVM
    • if yes, then which one?
  • whether clover databases are in locations expected by applications running in JVM
    • it's a combination of current working directory + initstring (if it's a relative path) or
    • it's a combination of -Dclover.initstring.basedir + initstring or
    • it's just a -Dclover.initstring

The most probably one of your applications is unable to read the clover.db file, because it's trying to open it from a wrong location. I suggest checking application logs - there should be a message about it.

Rajendra Kumar S January 21, 2015

Thanks Merek

Let me rephrase the question. I have 2 JVMs on the same system. I am building a single application and loading it in both the JVMs. I am also creating a single clover database for both the JVMs.

When i run the tests manually some portion of the application is executed in the first JVM and some portion is executed in the second JVM.

After testing when i generate the coverage report i only get coverage detected for the first JVM. No coverage is detected for code that is executed in the second JVM.

Note:

1. Both JVMs run at the same time on the same machine.

2. This is the Clover task that we used to instrument the source code.

<clover-instr destdir="@{sourceCodeLoc}/instr" initstring="C:/Clover/@{moduleName}_clover.db" source="1.8">

<fileset dir="@{sourceCodeLoc}/src"><include name="**/*.java"/></fileset>

</clover-instr>

3. We are not passing any arguments while starting both the JVMsEnvironment.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events