Clover for Eclipse

Hi,

I installed clover plugin for eclipse.I am trying to get per test coverage details for Testng testcases.Clover is not detecting my testcases.But when change the name of my testcase to Testdemo,it works.I guess it is looking for substring "Test" in the testcase name. Can you please help me,what setting do i have to make ,inorder it to work for other tetscases as well.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

In the Project Properties dialog > Clover page > Test Classes it's possible to configure file patterns (in an Ant-style syntax) or select test source folders.

Clover will use these patterns/source folders together with it's built-in test detection algorithms to determine whether given class is a test class or not. Test class must match both the pattern/source folder and this test detection algorithm.

Clover's test detector is looking for classes having:

• one of annotations: @org.testng.annotations.Test, @Testor
  • a "@testng.test" JavaDoc tag or
  • a class containing "test" (case insensitive) substring in its name or
  • a class extending the TestCase / junit.framework.TestCase or
  • a class who's superclass contains "test" in its name

It means that in order to have your test class instrumetned correctly (and get per-test coverage) you have to ensure that:

• the test class matches the file pattern or is located inside a test folder
  • the test class has proper annotation, javadoc tag, name or a superclass

References:

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you