Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover and Eclipse pdebuilder

Deleted user June 17, 2012

Can I instrument Eclipse plugins with pdebuilder (the command-line tool that builds Eclipse plugins)? I see the Clover plugin that allows builds inside the Eclipse IDE to be instrumented, but I have a product that includes actual Eclipse plugins that need to be instrumented.

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2012

In general yes, but it's more tricky than building it from Eclipse IDE.

Please get familiar with http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html headless build process first.

As the process is quite complex and involves multiple ant build files - called one from another - you would have to "hack" into master build files from org.eclipse.pde.build_<version>/scripts plugin and add Clover tasks there (the <clover-setup> would be preferred over <clover-instr>).

Note: as Ant scripts might be called without the "inheritrefs" option, it can be necessary to add Clover tasks in more than one build file.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2012

There is also a second approach possible. Instead of "hacking" org.eclipse.pde.build/scripts you can

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events