Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover and Ant with multiple build.xml

paddu mysore August 25, 2011

Hi,

I have a rather complex build. There is a top level build.xml and there are many sub projects, each having its own build.xml.

When I want to instrument the build, I only want to make changes in the top build.xml, but the sub-projects should also get instrumented.

However, when i try to instrument the code, it only instruments the code which is part of top level build.xml and not the sub-projects code, as they are in different build.xml. I don't want to set the inheritAll= true, as each projects has over-ridden the parameters.

What is the parameter I need to pass to the sub-project's build.xml in order to instrument.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Paddu

3 answers

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

Actually, you do not need inheritAll, but only inheritRefs. Will this suit you ?

paddu mysore August 27, 2011

I tried your suggestion, but this not work.....

0 votes
paddu mysore August 25, 2011

Hi Radu,

What I need is when I just run from top-level xml saying with.clover <target> which would compile all the top level files as well as sub-project files. I cannot enforce the sub-project leve guys to write some targets. The only xml accessible to me is the top level build.xml.

I don't why, when I change inheritAll to true, the subproject files are getting instrumented.

But when it is false, I can't do that.

So I was wondering is there some property which needs to be set to get instrumentation of sub-projects.

Thanks

Paddu

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

If I understand correctly your question:

Simpler approach: Use a properties file in your root directory and load it in each build.xml. In this way, you only modify in one place (your properties file) and you will keep build without inheritAll. Of course, each sub-project should know to instrument the build based on the values you have in your properties file.

Normally, I would extract the common parts of the build in one single ant file to be included and executed by all the others.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events