Clover aggregate - Few classes are showing 0% coverage with multi module project

dsivaprakasam September 21, 2017

I am having multi module project and trying to generate aggregate coverage. when i check the report few classes are showing 0% coverage when i run that module separately it shows the right coverage. is there any problem with DB merge. Is there any other way to maintain order of DB merge? because i see sub modules are down in the list which has no coverage (Main module has code coverage) 

i am using clover 3.1.0 and the command 

mvn clean deploy clover2:instrument clover2:aggregate clover2:clover

2 answers

0 votes
dsivaprakasam September 24, 2017

When i run the modules separately i could see the coverage for those classes. would there be any problem with order db merge?

I am covering few tests from other modules

Ex: lets say i have 3 modules mod1, mod2 & mod3

mod 2 has 70% coverage from same module (Tests are written in the same module under /test directory) and 20% covered from mod 3 (invokes mod 2 classes).

when i run mod3 alone it shows 20% coverage of mod2 but when i build through jenkins i see clover merge order as

mod1

mod3

mod2

and coverage of that 20% is not shown. it shows as 0% covered.

is there a way to control the order of clover db merge?

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

If your classes are covered by tests coming from different modules db merge isn't the operation you want.
Merge will pick coverage for a class from a coverage file it first encounters (from first module it processes). So if you have more coverage for that class in another module it won't be picked up. 

If you have test coverage across different modules I think you should use singleCloverDatabase option. 

dsivaprakasam September 28, 2017

singleCloverDatabase flag resolved the issue. Thanks

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

In order to have code coverage Clover instrumented code needs to be executed (e.g via tests).

I don't have your build configuration but it seems like the code isn't invoked before generating coverage ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events