Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover after open sourcing still requires license. How do I get one ?

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

I read Atlassian has open sourced Clover recently. I wanted to give it a try and downloaded binaries from Atlassian website, but it asks for a valid license. I can't generate one on Atlassian sites anymore. 

How I can use Clover and how I can get hands on a valid license key ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Once Clover was open sourced no Clover licenses are available anymore, which means nobody can buy it or evaluate the Clover commercial release.

The Clover binaries available on Atlassian website were had been built before open source happen and are dedicated only to customers who have purchased Clover prior to open sourcing it.

But I want to use Clover to track my code coverage.

That's awesome. You can do it on two ways:

Kalyan Budati January 11, 2018

Hi Grzegorz,

I just downloaded Clover plugin for my IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2. Once the plugin is downloaded, it said that I needed to restart my IntelliJ IDEA. I restarted and once the IDE is back, when I tried to view the toolbar, it is disabled and I noticed a little exclamation mark on Clover icon. When I clicked on that, it says that my license has expired and asking me to generate an evaluation license (registration required) or I can retrieve my existing license. First-of-all I did not evaluate at all and I just downloaded and it says my evaluation license has expired. Second thing is that when I try to generate an evaluation license (by going to the link https://my.atlassian.com/license/evaluation?utm_nooverride=1&product=Clover&version=CIJ-4.1.2&build=build-994&sid=BEUK-QC8U-6QZS-E6N6&ref=prod) there is no product related to clover or clover for IDEA available in the drop-down of new evaluation license. So, I am literally stuck up here and not able to use the clover plugin for my Intellij IDEA. I am even not able to find where to buy the license? Can you please help with this?

Thank you,

Kalyan.

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2018

Paid versions of Clover for usability reasons generated evaluation license. Clover at time of releasing binaries that are available on Atlassian site was a paid software and therefore those binaries require license. 

As I wrote in my previous answer, Clover was open sourced and you can't buy it anymore. It's now free of charge and you can grab a source code but there are no binaries released by Atlassian which don't require a license.

If you don't want to compile Clover from sources I recommend getting interested in any Clover forks. Community has prepared binaries which don't require any license.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events