Clover: How not to lose the connection with sources of projects, if they are located on remote machine?

Narine Avetisyan June 18, 2014

Hi,

• I clover2:setup/instrument my developer's Application's codes on Machine A, than I copy the generated cloverized jars to another host Machine B.
  • I need to have copied the instrumented jars to another host (MachineB) together with colver.db file(s), where my Application is installed, to replace its common jars with the cloverized jars and restart the application, so it starts using cloverized jars. (Please note that I don't/can't copy my source codes to the same machine B)
  • Later on I'm executing tests from a remote machine (MachineC, MahcineD). The tests use instrumented jars located on machine B. The problem is that on my MachineB I don't have source codes, when generating the coverage reports with (clover2:clover command), the sources can't be found.

What could be done in this kind of situation?

As I unsertand, the paths of source codes, are being saved in instrumented jars, so later on they can be used during reports generation(clover), to have the correct links. In this case, when during reports generation it tries to find source codes (java files), it fails, as the sources are located in Machine A but not on machineB.

Thanks,

Narine

1 answer

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hi,

You can make it other way, i.e. when tests are finished you can copy clover directory (containing clover.db and coverage files) from machine B back to machine A where sources are located.

You can also disable source files access during report generation.

Some more information:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/14895/source-path-for-clover-report<br< a="">>https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/240733/are-source-files-mandatory-for-clover-report<br< a="">>

Cheers,
Jacek

Narine Avetisyan June 25, 2014

Thanks Jacek!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events