Clover: How not to lose the connection with sources of projects, if they are located on remote machine?

Hi,

• I clover2:setup/instrument my developer's Application's codes on Machine A, than I copy the generated cloverized jars to another host Machine B.
  • I need to have copied the instrumented jars to another host (MachineB) together with colver.db file(s), where my Application is installed, to replace its common jars with the cloverized jars and restart the application, so it starts using cloverized jars. (Please note that I don't/can't copy my source codes to the same machine B)
  • Later on I'm executing tests from a remote machine (MachineC, MahcineD). The tests use instrumented jars located on machine B. The problem is that on my MachineB I don't have source codes, when generating the coverage reports with (clover2:clover command), the sources can't be found.

What could be done in this kind of situation?

As I unsertand, the paths of source codes, are being saved in instrumented jars, so later on they can be used during reports generation(clover), to have the correct links. In this case, when during reports generation it tries to find source codes (java files), it fails, as the sources are located in Machine A but not on machineB.

Thanks,

Narine

1 answer

Hi,

You can make it other way, i.e. when tests are finished you can copy clover directory (containing clover.db and coverage files) from machine B back to machine A where sources are located.

You can also disable source files access during report generation.

Some more information:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/14895/source-path-for-clover-report<br< a="">>https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/240733/are-source-files-mandatory-for-clover-report<br< a="">>

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,182 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot