Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Use Clover from Maven

Jim Belton August 19, 2012

Your documentation says that clover's maven plugin will automatically download from Maven Central Repository, but I am unable to download the plugin from Maven Central. I see the following error:

[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'clover2' in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (/home/jbelton/.m2/repository), central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.plugin.prefix.NoPluginFoundForPrefixException: No plugin found for prefix 'clover2' in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (/home/jbelton/.m2/repository), central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)]

Is there a way to get this to work? If not, how do I configure my maven scripts to include your repository?

2 answers

0 votes
AddteqS September 5, 2012

Hi Jim,

When you generate the license, you can click on the link under the license key to download the license-key file. Download it and store it in your home directory. Then, include the full path to your clover license key file.

Next, run the following command, which will generate target/site/clover directories.:

mvn clover2:setup test clover2:aggregate clover2:clover

In pom.xml:

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-clover2-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <licenseLocation>/path/to/clover.license</licenseLocation>
  </configuration>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <phase>pre-site</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>instrument</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2012

Hi Jim,

Please note that maven-clover2-plugin has com.atlassian.maven.plugins groupId (and not org.apache.maven.plugins as standard Maven plugins have). Therefore, in order to have 'clover2' resolved automatically by Maven, you must put a following section in ~/.m2/settings.xml file:

<pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</pluginGroup>
</pluginGroups>

See: Clover-for-Maven 2 and 3 User's Guide / Run Clover Without Editing the pom.xml

Regards
Marek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events