Can clover be used with QTP (Quick Test Pro)?

Hi,

we want to check the coverage of our test cases but not the junit tests but the functional tests being used from QTP.

If there it is possible then please provide the links for tutorial for the same.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

In general, in order to record a per-test coverage the only thing which Clover needs to know is when given test starts and ends. So usually by writing a some helper script or app you can integrate Clover with any test framework or tool. Please check this "Hacking Clover" article:

Measuring+per-test+coverage+for+manual+tests

One more thing is that if you don't need per test coverage information then it will simply work and no additional integration is required.

Just compile your business code with clover and start your QTP tests. After that you will be able to generate report with business code coverage (but without "per test coverage" information).

Cheers,
Jacek

I think that clover can't be used in the way we want it. Our requirement was that when QTP test suite runs the at the end we get the analysis of code coverage for suite. I think that clover would work with JUnits or other unit test frameworks which are run from inside the code but it won't work with Functional testing tools which are triggerred separately. Thanks for the support. Cheers.

Well, it can!!! The trick is that you have to create an artificial JUnit test class in which every single 'empty' test method will correspond to the single test from QTP. When QTP test starts, it shall start also test method from JUnit. Similarly, just before QTP test finishes it shall end the JUnit test method. Thanks to this trick, Clover will be able to track per-test coverage, even for external test frameworks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,419 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you