Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Bamboo work the same as SonarQube?

ezgoing tran February 20, 2018

I need to change from sonarqube to another app. Can Bamboo perform all that sonarqube does.  My needs is that i need an app to perform apps deployement from Dev/Test to QA then to Production

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

Bamboo is a CI/CD applicaton and SonarQube is a continuous quality application. These application are created for different purpose. Bamboo can not analize your code and SonarQube can not build packages and deliver them between stages. If you need to perfrom deployment from DEV/TEST to QA to Production then you should use Bamboo or analogs (TeamCity, Jenkins, Urban Code etc). SonarQube can not deliver software. It examines your code for quality rules.

ezgoing tran February 21, 2018

awesome answer! thanks alexey...

my next question is does Atlassian have a product that performs code examination before usage of Bamboo to deployment?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

No they do not have it. If you want to inspect your code on quality gates you need to use SonarQube. We use it here and it is a great tool.

You can integrate SonarQube into bamboo builds. Bamboo has adapters to SonarQube. 

ezgoing tran February 27, 2018

ah thanks that's exactly what i need to know !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events