• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Bamboo work the same as SonarQube?

I need to change from sonarqube to another app. Can Bamboo perform all that sonarqube does.  My needs is that i need an app to perform apps deployement from Dev/Test to QA then to Production

1 answer

1 vote

Bamboo is a CI/CD applicaton and SonarQube is a continuous quality application. These application are created for different purpose. Bamboo can not analize your code and SonarQube can not build packages and deliver them between stages. If you need to perfrom deployment from DEV/TEST to QA to Production then you should use Bamboo or analogs (TeamCity, Jenkins, Urban Code etc). SonarQube can not deliver software. It examines your code for quality rules.

awesome answer! thanks alexey...

my next question is does Atlassian have a product that performs code examination before usage of Bamboo to deployment?

No they do not have it. If you want to inspect your code on quality gates you need to use SonarQube. We use it here and it is a great tool.

You can integrate SonarQube into bamboo builds. Bamboo has adapters to SonarQube. 

ah thanks that's exactly what i need to know !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Investigate deployment-related incidents with Bamboo and Opsgenie together

Back in April of last year one of the major product announcements from Opsgenie was the launch of the Incident investigation view which created a deep connection between Bitbucket and Opsgenie, empow...

90 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you