cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any pointers on what might be wrong using Clover with Gradle for Groovy

Paul King August 17, 2011

I get the following error:

ERROR: Clover-for-Groovy encountered an error while loading config:

Basically, when I use ant.'clover-setup' I get this error and no instrumentation is performed. I can leave off all params to the ant task (i.e. accepting all defaults) and still get this error.

3 answers

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

Such error might happen when Ant jar is missing in class path. In such case the error message with a stack trace looks this:

[groovyc] ERROR: Clover-for-Groovy encountered an error while loading config: Clover-for-Groovy encountered an error while loading config:  : org/apache/tools/ant/BuildException
  [groovyc] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/BuildException
  [groovyc] 	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
[groovyc] at com.atlassian.clover.instr.java.InstrumentationConfig.loadFromStream(InstrumentationConfig.java:439) [groovyc] at com.atlassian.clover.instr.groovy.Grover.newConfigFromResource(Grover.java:241) [groovyc] at com.atlassian.clover.instr.groovy.Grover.<init>(Grover.java:210)

If this is your case, then please use includeAntRuntime="true" in your build configuration.

See also clover-for-groovy-encountered-an-error-while-loading-config.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2011

By default, Clover should log to stdout. You can specify the log level by setting the clover.logging.level to either

• debug
  • verbose

You can also specify which framework gets used via the clover.logging.adapter System property. Valid values are:

• log4j
  • jdk
  • stderr

e.g. -Dclover.logging.adapter=log4j

will force Clover to use log4j.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2011

Hi Paul,

Is there a stack-trace accompanying that error message?

Do you see any more log messages when you run Gradle in debug mode ?

Cheers,
Nick

Paul King August 21, 2011

No stacktraces near that error. There is a stacktrace later on because the ant.'clover-report' can't find the coverage database - but it isn't there (as it is never created) so it seems to be working as expected.

The previous line is execing java with this class 'org.codehaus.groovy.tools.FileSystemCompiler' and has the clover jar and a temp groverxxxx.jar in the classpath.

Then the error line.

Then:
[ant:clover-setup] Cleaning up Clover directory ...

Paul King August 21, 2011

Which logging library is being used under the covers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events