0 % Coverage data even after clicking on 'Refresh Coverage Data' link using Clover for android.

I have followed the same steps given in the tutorial.

Though for JAVA test code it is working fine. But for android (Ex: Notepad), Clover is not responding well. even after refreshing the tab but still the coverage % is 0.0.

I am following the same steps given in 'Example 1 - manual testing' of tutorial.

Please suggest.

6 answers

Version Details-
ADT: 21
Eclipse: 4.2
0 vote

Do you have Clover-for-Eclipse or Clover-for-Android installed in your Eclipse IDE?

Do you see coverage data files written to Android filesystem (files like

Are coverage files are actually pulled from android device? See the "retrieval of coverage data from device" point in the Troubleshooting section.

Please find my comments-

1-Yes, i have Clover-for-Android installed in my Eclipse IDE.
2-This is my initstring which i have passed:-

and in workspace 'androi.db' is created.

and a folder with the name 'android.db?localCoverageDir=' directry structure of this folder is 'android.db?localCoverageDir=/data/data/com.com.example.android.notepad/clover' (here clover is .txt file ).

I didnt find any 'android-test.dbh3wa8ogtz4si_0_hut67c_h7aira7g.s' inside the clover folder (as clover is created as .txt file)

3- We have not used any android device to perform this test, executed the steps mentioned in tutorial under tab ''Example 1 - manual testing'' .. i.e. without any device attached to the PC.

0 vote

ad 1) OK

ad 2) A path 'Users/nehac/Desktop' suggests that you're running Windows, right? In such case you have to use a drive letter with colon and backslahses as separators (encoded hexadecimally). For example:

ad 3) Sure, you can use an emulator. I wasn't precise enough, sorry.

Please find my comments-

No i am using mac machine

2-path of the workspace is (/Users/nehac/Desktop/workspace)

Please suggest what would be the correct Initstring for MAC machine.. tried mulitple things but all in vain.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

339 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot