0 % Coverage data even after clicking on 'Refresh Coverage Data' link using Clover for android.

sanjeev dixit January 28, 2013

I have followed the same steps given in the tutorial.

Though for JAVA test code it is working fine. But for android (Ex: Notepad), Clover is not responding well. even after refreshing the tab but still the coverage % is 0.0.

I am following the same steps given in 'Example 1 - manual testing' of tutorial.

Please suggest.

6 answers

0 votes

Please suggest what would be the correct Initstring for MAC machine.. tried mulitple things but all in vain.

0 votes

Please find my comments-

No i am using mac machine

2-path of the workspace is (/Users/nehac/Desktop/workspace)

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2013

ad 1) OK

ad 2) A path 'Users/nehac/Desktop' suggests that you're running Windows, right? In such case you have to use a drive letter with colon and backslahses as separators (encoded hexadecimally). For example:

clover+remote:file:///c%3A%5CUsers%5Cnehac%5CDesktop%5Cworkspace%5Candroid.db?localCoverageDir=/data/data/com.example.android.notepad/clover

ad 3) Sure, you can use an emulator. I wasn't precise enough, sorry.

0 votes

Please find my comments-

1-Yes, i have Clover-for-Android installed in my Eclipse IDE.
2-This is my initstring which i have passed:-
'clover+remote:file:///Users/nehac/Desktop/workspace/android.db?localCoverageDir=/data/data/com.example.android.notepad/clover'

and in workspace 'androi.db' is created.

and a folder with the name 'android.db?localCoverageDir=' directry structure of this folder is 'android.db?localCoverageDir=/data/data/com.com.example.android.notepad/clover' (here clover is .txt file ).

I didnt find any 'android-test.dbh3wa8ogtz4si_0_hut67c_h7aira7g.s' inside the clover folder (as clover is created as .txt file)

3- We have not used any android device to perform this test, executed the steps mentioned in tutorial under tab ''Example 1 - manual testing'' .. i.e. without any device attached to the PC.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2013

Do you have Clover-for-Eclipse or Clover-for-Android installed in your Eclipse IDE?

Do you see coverage data files written to Android filesystem (files like
/data/data/com.example.android.notepad/clover/
android-test.dbh3wa8ogtz4si_0_hut67c_h7aira7g.s)?

Are coverage files are actually pulled from android device? See the "retrieval of coverage data from device" point in the Troubleshooting section.

Cheers
Marek

0 votes
Version Details-
ADT: 21
Eclipse: 4.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events