Coverage Recording files not getting created after deploying application and running.

Sagar Vysyaraju May 28, 2017

Hi All,

We have deployed a connector software built in java in the server. Now we have placed the clover.jar in the location where application jars were deployed. (So we were able to bypass the noclassdef found error com.atlassian testnamesniffer)

Now the instrumented application is running fine but coverage recording files are not getting created.

<clover-setup initstring="/tmp/clover/clover4_1_2.db"/> is set in the build.xml

Ensured the folder has the clover4_1_2.db already in place.

I would like to tell you the way we instrumented which might become handy to resolve the issue : Our application deployed is a tar.gz file. which internally have two jar files. We have instrumented a single .jar and the other is left as is.

Inside the sub project, we have updated the build.xml with clover.jar path, initstring with .db file path etc...

<target name="with.clover">
<clover-setup/>
</target>

Can you please let me know why the coverage recording files not getting created ? Any debug steps we have to do.

1 comment

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2017

Please have a look at this KB article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloverkb/no-coverage-recordings-found-no-report-will-be-generated-611812757.html

Also, check what flushPolicy do you use:

• if it's the default one, then coverage recordings are kept in memory and written to disk on JVM shutdown; so ensure that you gracefully stop your application server (i.e. not 'kill -9') before generating reports
  • alternatively, switch the flushPolicy to "interval" and set flushInterval value (default is 5 seconds, I would recommend 500 ms)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events