Acceptance Criteria

Noemi Escutia May 2, 2019

Looking for help on adding AC to user stories.  

2 comments

Comment

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Noemi Escutia ,

You can try Smart Checklist for Jira add-on to create Acceptance Criteria, Definitions of Done and various ToDo lists.

For most cases - no configuration required. Install and get started immediately.

Cheers,

Pavel

Thank you for responding. I am new to Jira and also don't have admin privileges to the Jira account.  Is Smart Checklist free? I just want to know so I can tell our admin. 

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Noemi Escutia ,

the Enterprise version is paid and it has an extended functionality. However, you can benefit from Smart Checklist Free Trial (unlimited by time) that might have all that you need before you decide on switching to pad one.

If you have more questions - just write to us.

Pavel 

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2019

Hello @Noemi Escutia,

Issue Checklist Free or its paid sibling Issue Checklist Pro can help you with Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done.

They both come with a set of useful features - all of them available right after the installation without any configuration required. 

Give any of the apps a try and leave a comment here or contact us directly in case of questions. 

Best,
Jack

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_  -  Would you be able to share a screenshot of how you have this setup as part of the User Story?

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Noemi Escutia,

Here are the example screenshots: 

issue-checklist-panel.png

issue-checklist-agile-panel.png

You might be very interested in following features regarding Acceptance Criteria:

Cheers,
Jack

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ it was my understanding that each user story has acceptance criteria. Is this not the case? The checklist you provided seems like AC for the entire project.  I apologize for all the question and if I'm wrong. 

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
May 2, 2019

Hi @Noemi Escutia,

You are right. Every user story can get its acceptance criteria. You can freely add it to the story or load a predefined set of criteria

You can also configure the project, so every user story gets the same set of criteria automatically when a story is created (it can be later adjusted/customized). 

Cheers,
Jack

I will have to create a workaround given that I want every user story to have it's own AC. will be using the Description section of the User Story.  I will add the Acceptance Criteria then add bulleted items.  I will then strike through or gray out when item has been tested,  approved and have team write their initials or create global Acceptance Criteria for entire project and next to each AC add user story number it’s tied to. - Thanks

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
May 2, 2019

"I will have to create a workaround given that I want every user story to have it's own AC"

That is available through the Checklist plugins too and is much easier than handling AC through Description. 

Please try the Issue Checklist Free - it costs nothing. It will surely do the job, and you will like it much more than the bullets in Description.

Cheers,
Jack

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_  I had our admin do it, but he created a checklist that was global, which then appears under each user story.   This is not what I'm looking for. I want each user story to have it's own AC and the ability to edit (modify, add) each. The only thing I can do with what he created is check them off.  See attachment. AC-sample2.png  

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
May 3, 2019

@Noemi Escutia, it looks like it is not what you need, indeed

If you can convince your Jira admin to install Issue Checklist Free, then you will get this:

AddChecklist.gif

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events