"Reporter specified is not a user" error while creating a ticket with Capture for JIRA

Abhijeet Belhe November 13, 2017

See attached screenshot below. Note that I can create tickets with JIRA portal just fine. I only see this issue while trying to do so with Capture for JIRA extension.

Notes:

1) I'm trying this from a new machine so right from Chrome and the JIRA extension everything is freshly installed. The Capture for JIRA extension for example is installed today.

2) Logging out and logging back in did not fix the issue.

3) Restarting Chrome did not fix this issue either.

4) I can't see any field called "Reporter" to be able to edit that.

Can someone look into this and let me know if I've missed something?

Browser info:

Google Chrome62.0.3202.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision4bc124ea2934343d106df5b937e78ce311311658-refs/branch-heads/3202@{#775}
OSMac OS X

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 2.38.45 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi Abhijee,

How is configured this field in Jira? Check also the permission scheme just in case.

Hi Christian:

There actually hasn't been any change with the permission scheme to have caused this issue for me.  

However, it is only today that I'm seeing this issue. My colleagues don't see any issues while creating tickets either, with both JIRA portal and the extension.

However, I changed something on JIRA portal which potentially resolved this issue for me now.

Steps I followed:

1) On the JIRA portal, Click on + button to create Issue

2) Go to Configure fields

3) Check the checkbox for "Linked issues"

I didn't have to make any changes anywhere else. You may mark this question as answered. Thanks for your help!!

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Glad you resolved it.

It is you who have to mark the accepted solution, I guess you can make a new comment and check it as resolved

Aundrea Billings December 26, 2018

This seems to still be an issue.  I have the linked issues field selected.  Any other suggestions?  I'm an administrator in JIRA and I'm still getting this error.

Gary Kosman August 27, 2019

I'm getting this issue as well when connecting to Jira through FreshDesk.  Guidance?

Aundrea Billings August 28, 2019

@Gary Kosman I'm assuming you're getting the error when you are trying to create the issue in freshdesk? 

If so, I discovered that the problem was that I wasn't using the username as it's listed in JIRA.  It took me awhile, but the only way I could find my actual username that worked was to go into JIRA > Settings > User Management > Export Users and you should see a column for username.

Dmitry Kirsanov September 5, 2019

Same thing, Freshdesk started to give errors, even though previously it worked. The user name is correct. I think the problem is in Jira API or Freshdesk.

Deleted user May 10, 2022

Were you able to get this working? I am using HappyFox and running into this same issue.

1 vote

This issue is resolved for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events