Hello. Is this group active at all?

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2020

I moved my entire company over to Jira Service Desk and Confluence (self hosted server versions) 18 months ago and it's been the classic "game changer" in how we work.

Is this group active in mid-2020?

2 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2020

Hi, Michael. Unfortunately, the group is not very active here on the Atlassian Community, at least not here in this section. 

However, the Boston ACE is quite active, and recently established a Slack group. Check out ace.atlassian.com/boston 

I’m sure the group would love to hear about your experience at the next virtual event. 

-dave 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

I'm a member of Boston ACE but how do I get access to the Slack group?

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

Hi, @Kristin Lyons.  The Boston ACE link mentioned above has an email link/button that will send an email to the group leaders.  I suspect that's a good place to start.  :)

If that doesn't work out for you, let me know here and I'll try to help you out via other means.

-dave 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2020

Thanks! @Dave Rosenlund 

Dan4 August 24, 2020

HI @Michael Woffenden - We've been using Jira here for 3 yrs and Confluence for 2.  I am moving the company to Service Desk from Solar Winds by the end of the year.  We've been Beta'ing it with 1 product for about 6 months.  Any gotcha's to watch out for rolling it out to the company  - business and Technician side? 

Also I'd be interested in talking to people that use Confluence.  I'm currently planning on using it for digital signage in our new facility - about 40-50 disp[lays

Josh Steckler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

That's definitely not a use case I've heard of before. Would definitely like to hear how you accomplish it at some point.

Dan4 August 25, 2020

I have a space called Digital Signage. Each set of screens has a parent page.  Content pages are created under the parent within an Excerpt and the parent page pulls in each page's content via Excerpt Include.  I use an add-on called Content Slider and it shows the Excerpt from each sub page in the slider for 10 secs each (configurable).  I also have the parent page white-washed with very little color and have a macro built into the page to close the nav bar automatically when the parent page displays.  There's also another macro in the parent page that will do a browser page reload every 10 minutes.

The displays I am hanging talk to the network in various ways but are set to default load a browser and as the home page point to the digital signage parent page for that area. 

It's not perfect - the content is limited to what Confluence can do but in general we are loading an image created somewhere into a Confluence page.  There's also Confluence attributes on the display.  But the main benefit to this is that I can distribute the management of content.  With simple Confluence training and some security, each department can be responsible for content from their area.  

The alternative its to purchase digital signage software and centralize the management of content (probably to myself which I definitely didn't want to do).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events