Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very discouraged, just trying to get local files into a new Bitbucket repo.

David Parham November 21, 2018

I hope I provide all details: I had 2 repos named the same, each with their own account, I deleted the one repo with the one account, now I appear to have lost all my online repos. So I am taking my local backup files and trying to upload them into my yet new Bitbucket repo, to manage the files via Atlassian. I have: created a new repo online, fabrik2. Then locally I did a "git init" in the root folder and brought files to it. Then I generated private_key.ppk, and public_key.pub. Then I installed into Bitbucket my public key. Now using Atlassian's tutorial - https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/learn-git-with-bitbucket-cloud, i seemed to have successfully done "git add" and "git commit" but when I try "git push origin master" I keep getting error "repository access denied. fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the respository exists." And I am going in circles! I did a "ssh -T git@bitbucket.org" and get "logged in as smartstartnc2. You can use git or hg to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled."

Can someone help me get my local files into my Bitbucket account? I know this is Atlassian, but these are related, yes? Seems like it would be simple, and wonder what I am doing wrong. Help much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
David Parham November 21, 2018

also just a thought, where would i be able to get some interactive help from someone good with Atlassian, to log in remotely and help straighten out my environment?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events