Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updated java

Greg McKenzie August 15, 2016

IT updated java and the Bitbucket is looking for the old path, any suggestions?  Our bitucket server won't start, JIRA is okay.

we updated JAVA_HOME environment path variable  but no matter what we do it keeps looking for the old path.

Would you also please confirm which 32 bit or 64 bit of java Bitbucket wants?

3 answers

0 votes
Vishnu Reddy K August 15, 2016

hi Greg,

Can you check the env variables of the userid which is running the java process of the application.We faced something similar where we were starting the server as root and setting the root env variable to the latest version of Java where as we used use a different id to run the application.the application had JAVA path hard coded and it used to over ride the roots JAVA path and was picking up the old path

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/setting-the-java_home-variable-in-windows-8895.htmlThanks

Vishnu

we initially tried updating the environment variables because that is what the error logs indicated

after updating them and still receiving errors we debugged the problem to hard coded registry keys

Vishnu Reddy K August 15, 2016

Hi Greg,

Are u running the service as non admistrator for security resaons.We need to check the Java path of non admistrator user id which is running the process.

Thanks

Vishnu

Greg McKenzie August 16, 2016

we are on windows 2008 server and were running it with usernames that were both in the administrator group.

I installed it while logged in on my account ~3 months ago

IT updated JAVA late last week

and Monday this week we were trouble shooting debugging on the IT's user account.

again both IT's username and mine are in the administrator group on a windows 2008 server

we were modifying the system environment variables with his username and I verified no user environment variables related to JAVA with my account.

0 votes

IT found where it was hard coded into the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\AtlassianBitbucket\Parameters\Java]

"Jvm"="c:\.....\jrex.x.x_xxx\bin\server\jvm.dll"

we are on windows 2008 server

the errors kept pointing us to JAVA_HOME but that didn't work.

we updated that value and it seems to be working. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2016

What environment are you in? Check the setenv.sh (setenv.cmd) and check the JAVA_HOME variable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events