unable to find my public repository(under a team) on google

Po-Hsun Huang June 11, 2015

I am a member of infinitiesSoft team and our team own few repositories on bitbucket.We made one of our repositories named keystone4j be a public project recently.

However, we observed that it's not easy to search our public repository - keystone4j on google. for example, when I google 'keystone4j', I can only find a link named 'infinities - bitbucket' related to the project, then I click the link, it list all the projects we made on bitbucket. then If I want to enter keystone4j repository I have to click 'keystone4j' repository. it takes me 3 clicks from google to get to Keystone4j repository. I want to know that Is it possible to show a link such as 'keystone4j - bitbucket' on google when i search it and the link can redirect user to keystone4j wiki or overview page directly? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

The answer to your question depends on how Google indexes sites.

It is certainly possible for Google to return a direct link to a public repo in a search result, search "django-piston".

Does your company have a public website? I would recommend putting a link to whatever page you want Google to display in an appropriate place on your website, along with a description of what it is.

For example: Check out the wiki for our new project! Keystone4j.

EDIT: Oh yes, don't forget that it may take a few days for Google to scan the page you changed and update it's index.

Po-Hsun Huang July 6, 2015

Thank you for your answer. Now our repository is put on the first link when I google 'keystone4j' even though I didn't do anything since I post this question. I think you are right, we should give google a little bit more time to scan pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events