unable to connect bitbucket 4.12 and jira cloud

Dilip Mukkapati December 27, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to link Bitbucket 4.12 hosted on AWS with JIRA cloud server through 'Application Links' but I am facing OAuth issue. Here is the error message 'It has not been possible to retrieve the required information from HTTP://***. Therefore the link cannot be created.'

In JIRA i'm facing unable to reach the host but the host is reachable.

When I looked at the magic links table I see there is no possibility to link both Bitbucket 4.12 and JIRA cloud. I am trying to achieve two-way connection i.e. to see issues in Bitbucket and commits in JIRA. Can you please help me how to link both of them.

Regards,

Dilip.

1 answer

0 votes
Dilip Mukkapati December 29, 2016

This is the response from Atlassian support team and it worked for me. Thanks Aaron!

Other Solution : One more thing you can do is change Bitbucket running on 7990 port to 80 by changing config under shared/server.xml

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution1 by Aaron and is recommended in case if you can't run Bitbucket on 80 port.

Hello Dilip,

My name is Aaron and I will be assisting you with this issue. I understand you are trying to establish application links bewteen your JIRA Cloud instance and your Bitbucket Server instance.

Per Link to server apps from Cloud your Bitbucket Server instance MUST be available via either port 80 (HTTP) or port 443 (HTTPS).

From your configuration files, it looks like your Bitbucket Server instance is only available on port 7990. Our recommendation is that you set up a reverse proxy server in front of your Bitbucket Server instance to forward port 80 to port 7990 for HTTP access.

Although we are not Network Administrators, nor are we proxy server experts, we have a quick guide to setting up a basic reverse proxy server and configuring Bitbucket Server to recognize it here: Proxying Atlassian server applications with Apache HTTP Server (mod_proxy_http) .

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if this resolves the issue and I may go ahead and close this support ticket.

Regards,
Aaron Bromberg
Atlassian Developer Tools Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events