Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target database contains tables whose names collide, 2.x to 3.2.4 upgrade

Michael Guglielmo August 26, 2014

so i upgraded, ran the setenv.bat, and it keeps giving me the database error. when i start stash, i get the stash setup database page, and keeps giving me the target database contains tables whose names collide with stash's tables. Connecting to SqlServer, nothing has changed, home directory is correct. very confused as i followed the upgrade guide, now i need urgent help.

1 answer

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2014

Hi Michael,

From the upgrade guide all you need to do is to point the newly downloaded Stash binary to your previous $STASH_HOME in the setenv.bat. From there, Stash will detect that the $STASH_HOME you pointed your newly downloaded binary is of a previous version and it will perform the upgrade for you.

The fact that you are seeing the wizard screen tells me that you are pointing to an empty $STASH_HOME and not to your previous version one. That said, could you please double check you are pointing to the "old" $STASH_HOME?

you can also try to follow the most recent Upgrade guide. This way you will use the installer - which doesn't require any manual intervention. That could be another alternative for you to get around this.

Best regards,

Thiago Bomfim

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events