Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash upgrade from 2.x to 3.x

soumia ben September 10, 2014

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade Stash from 2.4.1 to 3.3. I am using SQL server database.

As the Stash-backup-client is only supported starting from Stash 2.8, I have to manually backup Stash data, then upgrade Stash.

Is there any consideration before this upgrade? and how a rollback can be done in case issues with the upgrade.

Thank you, 

2 answers

1 vote
LarsM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

Just backup your current home directory and the database. If something fails while upgrading, then you can just copy back the old home directory and the database and everything is fine smile

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Hi Soumia,

What Lars mentioned is correct. I'd just like to comment on a few points on this thread.

• The backup client was launched on a beta version with Stash 2.7. So that release can be backed up using the backup tool.
  • As described on our Data recovery and backups document: "strategies for backing up and restoring Stash data must keep the repository data and the database perfectly synchronised". Hence:
    • Before backing up the your $STASH_HOME and database, please make sure you stopped your instance.
    • Restore procedure: just restore your database and $STASH_HOME as described using your own tools (the file system can be a simple cold copy and the database should be backed up using your vendor's recommended tool). From here, all you have to do is to download the binary on the machine you intend to restore your instance, on the same release as you had before and simply update the value of STASH_HOME in the <Stash installation directory>/bin/setenv file to point to your restored Stash home directory. If you want more details on how to manually install Stash, please refer to Install Stash from an archive file.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events