Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash triggering bamboo build problems after https switch

Robert Cordeau March 11, 2015

Hi,

I'm running the 5.7.2 Bamboo and stash 3.6, and everything was working great with Stash triggering builds in Bamboo on check in.  But, I recently turned on SSL on the Tomcat servers for all of the Atlassian products we have, and Stash triggered builds don't work anymore.  I can poll fine, but what used to work now does not.  I have turned on logging but I don't see any obvious errors that would point me in the right direction.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your question.

As Daniel Wester have mentioned, it is most likely the protocol change has not being update in the application links and due to that, the requests are not going through.

I would suggest you on:

In order to create the application links, you should be using the URL used to hit the application (Stash, Bamboo) in your web browser.
Please, notice the very same URL should be the one set up as Base URL within the Application.

When using Bamboo 5.6+ and Stash 3.2+ newly created application link with default settings:

• The servers have the same set of users and usernames disabled
  • I am an administrator on both instances enabled

will result in application link created with:
  • Trusted Apps authentication disabled
  • OAuth authentication enabled:
    • Allow 2-Legged OAuth enabled
    • Allow user impersonation through 2-Legged OAuth disabled
  • Basic Auth authentication disabled

In Stash, please make sure you have "Stash administration >> Settings >> Server Settings >> SSH access" configured as per following:

[x] SSH enabled
[x] SSH access keys enabled
SSH Port: 7999

In Bamboo, please do not forget to Define a new version control capability.

1. please, run SSLPoke from Bamboo box against Stash box and vice-versa

# from Stash box
    root@hostname:~$ java SSLPoke bamboo.base.url 443
    Successfully connected

# from Bamboo box
    root@hostname:~$ java SSLPoke stash.base.url 443
    Successfully connected
  2. please, remove and recreate the application link between Bamboo and Stash

3. enable debug logging in Stash by going to the Stash admin area, choose Logging and Profiling (under 'Support') and select Enable debug logging.

4. enable debugging information by adding the following under "Bamboo administration >> System >> Log settings >> Classpath"

com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.branch,  type: ALL
    com.atlassian.bamboo.build.strategy,  type: DEBUG 
    com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.events, type: DEBUG

update the log level to "DEBUG" on the following:

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.ssh,     type: WARN
    com.atlassian.bamboo.ssh,     type: WARN
    and add the following:
    com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitRepository,      type: DEBUG
  5. go to your repository settings in Bamboo and hit Save

6. run a new build

The above will help you on troubleshooting 

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Robert Cordeau March 12, 2015

Hi Rafael, Thanks for the help. The application links seem to be ok - but I'll delete them and redo them again, but the defaults have me puzzled. I have Trusted Apps Authentication ENABLED and 2-legged OAuth ENABLED. That was the way we used to have it. Is that not right? I'll try out the new logging and see what I can see. Hopefully this can point me somewhere.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

Hello Robert, Please, recreate the application link as described using only 2-legged OAuth and let me know how it goes. — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

Yep - I did that. No change. I don't see any log entries for com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.events either.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2015

Hello Robert, Please, open a support ticket and attach the following: - please, attach a Stash Support Zip "Stash Administration >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip >> Create" - please, create and attach a new Bamboo Support Zip "Bamboo Administration >> System >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip >> Create" - please, attach "<bamboo-install>/conf/server.xml" - please, attach build log - please, attach screenshot from SSLPoke command — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Sounds like there's an issue accessing th rest end points on Stash. Are you seeing any errors in the logs in either Stash OR Bamboo? Are you using self-signed certs?

Did you update the application links urls? Do you have redirects in place for the http protocol to https?

Hi Daniel, I don't see any errors in the log files at all - I wish I did! We are not using self-signed certs - we have a wildcard domain cert signed by a CA. I updated all of the application links (had to since the URL changed). I do have redirects in place for all apps except Crucible. Bamboo can see Stash and all of the repos that Stash has. Polling does work, but not automatic triggering.

Adrien Pujol June 14, 2015

Hi, I have the same issue with a fairly similar setup (we have just enabled SSL with a wildcard certificate signed by a trusted CA), did you manage to solve it ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events