stash settings on Linux machine

we have a centos host

Linux xxxxx 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu May 16 20:59:36 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

but the limits seem to be set like a 32 bit machine ..

core.packedgitlimit=256m

core.packedgitwindowsize=32m

should we edit it by hand to make it look like one 64 bit expects [ as per https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/v1.5.0.6/git-config.html ]

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Rajesh,

While it can't hurt to change them, they're the defaults that all our customers use and have been tested extensively on all platforms. If you run into problems then it will also be easier for us to diagnose what might be wrong. (For example we ran into strange problems with OSX when the values were seemingly correct so we had to change them)

Unless you're noticing any kind of performance problems with cloning or other operations you're probably better off leaving the defaults. Please let us know if you do change them and notice any improvement.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

663 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot