Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash server.xml/config.properties symlink support

jbrown@akamai.com September 29, 2015

Hi Stash/Bitbucket admin community

The core of this question is pretty simple:  Does Atlassian support (and intend to continue support for) $STASH_HOME/shared/server.xml and $STASH_HOME/shared/stash-config.properties as symbolic links to files stored on another file system ?

Shortly after the upgrade to 3.8/data center edition – stash refused to start when these files were symbolic links out of SHARED (an NFS mounted filesystem) to a local drive.  I should have saved the error, but in essence this was "Cannot start with properties file on different filesystem"

I finally got around to re-testing in 3.11 – and it appears this is no longer a limitation.

----

I have not yet been able to find a changelog or bug report indicating this was a reported/fixed issue, and wanted to know if anyone else had encountered it?  Or possibly if this is code flop – and thus, I can't safely rely upon it being intended/supported behavior between versions.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2015

I am using Bitbucket Data Center 3.9.1 I have found no issues with creating symbolic links on the "shared" directory itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events