Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash pull request settings on branch level

jchittum April 8, 2016

Is it possible to set pull request settings on a branch instead of repo level? Example:

We allow teams to set pull-requests on all repos other than release/*. Release/* pull-requests are required. On every repo, we want release/* to require pull-requests to have a successful build. however, on develop/* or feature/*, or anything else, we don't care. There are teams that want to require pull-requests on multiple branches, as they're managing open projects, but do not want there to be a successful build every time (especially for small changes, like uprevving the component version in a POM). 

If there's no way to set this now, is it on the roadmap? This would be supremely helpful for our workflow.

4 answers

0 votes
clanston June 29, 2017

Is there a JIRA for this feature request? 

I'd like to upvote.

clanston June 29, 2017

I have found this plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mobikop.stash.MergeRestrictions/overview

Looks like it can set merge restrictions PER branch name/pattern etc

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesDev_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2017

Try workzone for Bitbucket. It allows you to configure advanced merge restrictions on branch(pattern) level. Available for Bitbucket 4 and 5. 

0 votes
jchittum April 8, 2016

they are branches inside a repository

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesDev_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

I'm confused about the wording. Are release/* , develop/* , feature/* repositories (and not branches)?

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2016

You can require Pull Requests at the branch level on a repo by going to Settings -> Branch Permissions.  I'm not even aware of how else you would do it.

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 8.45.06 AM.png

jchittum April 8, 2016

Yes, but i can set pull request behavior on the branch level, not repo level

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2016

ah, oops, just re-read your question and parsed it more successfully this time.  No, I don't think you can do that currently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events