Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash migration

John Cicero July 22, 2015

I'm in the process of setting up a new stash environment and on the finally stages of testing. The next step for me is to copy the existing STASH (database,data) and put it on the new. The question I have is if I use the migration steps/process is that a one time process. I ask because once I do a copy and put it on the new it will be roughly a week or so before I can actually implement the new servers. I would then have to resync/refresh the content on the new servers. Can I use the migration process multiply times ?, the two stash environments have different database types present stash is using MySQL and the new is using oracle. 

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2015

The best way of doing this is to create/use a test server to practice the migration (make sure you have the same Stash version as on the production server) and only migrate the production server when you have the machine ready for it.

(The answer to your original question: yes, you can migrate a server multiple times, if you really need to.)

John Cicero July 31, 2015

Thank you for your response, but that doesn't answer the question/s

1) can I run the migration process more then once, or is it a one time process

2) if question 1 is answered with "no" with running the migration more then once, then  any way to keep 2 stash servers in sync

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

1) is answered at the end, in brackets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events