Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash: edit file from the webpage changes permissions on the file

RAJESHP December 2, 2013

Hi,

we are actively evaluating stash and here is a bit serious issues we noticed when editing files via web.

1. the permissions on the file changes

diff --git a/git-gw b/git-gw

old mode 100755

new mode 100644

index e4b83c0..36b9db5

--- a/git-gw

+++ b/git-gw

@@ -1,4 +1,5 @@

#!/bin/bash

+# echo

2. by default when I fork \ or create a repo the config

autocrlf = true

is not set ...

hence when i make a change and view the diff i see a huge diff due to the crlf changes being reported as diff ..

can you help.

4 answers

0 votes
Mohammed Davoodi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

I've also made a plugin to be able to edit files. Check it out:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mohamicorp.stash.plugin.editor-for-stash

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2013

Hi Rajesh,

This is not a supported Atlassian plugin, so I'm afraid there isn't much we can do. I would suggest contacting the vendor on Marketplace.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
RAJESHP December 5, 2013

yes via the plugin instant edit

0 votes
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

Hi Rajesh,

editing files via web.

as Stash doesn't support this functionality out of the box I'm curios whether you are using a plugin to get this functionality?

Cheers,

Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events