Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stash backup client failing

Akshaya Samantaray February 25, 2014

The stash backup client version 1.1.0 is having issue while taking backup of stash repo

& mysql database.it throws below error "c.a.s.i.b.client.RestStashService Database backup was already manually cancelled on Stash" but its not cancelled by anyone .

I stop & start stash and ran backup script again ,its successful .now its working but its happening after 4-5 days and again i have to restart the stash.

is it a bug in backup client ? please check and let me know what could be the reson ?

2014-02-23 23:01:06,769 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.client.DefaultBackupClient Waiting on Stash database backup to complete

2014-02-23 23:01:11,779 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.client.RestStashService Cancelling database backup with code: 4ff13e81fa06d090203a21c46a79da7c3b35bdb9

2014-02-23 23:01:11,799 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.client.RestStashService Database backup was already manually cancelled on Stash

2014-02-23 23:01:11,800 INFO [main] c.a.s.i.b.client.RestStashService Unlocking Stash using token: f6ab25c50f0c6ccac777d63d7e9366bbe25e3634

2014-02-23 23:01:11,818 ERROR [main] c.a.s.i.backup.client.BackupMain A backup could not be created. Reason: The backup process on the server failed. Check the server logs for more details

com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.BackupFailedException: The backup process on the server failed. Check the server logs for more details

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultBackupClient.throwIfCancelledOrFailed(DefaultBackupClient.groovy:148) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultBackupClient.waitForBackupTaskCompletion(DefaultBackupClient.groovy:216) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultBackupClient.downloadDbZipOnBackupCompletion(DefaultBackupClient.groovy:109) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultBackupClient.archiveHome(DefaultBackupClient.groovy:79) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.FixedRateProgressPublisher.publishWhileExecuting(FixedRateProgressPublisher.groovy:34) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.RestStashService.backup(RestStashService.groovy:65) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.RestStashService.lock(RestStashService.groovy:173) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.DefaultBackupClient.backup(DefaultBackupClient.groovy:50) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.spring.SpringMain.run(SpringMain.groovy:25) ~[stash-backup-core-1.1.0.jar:na]

at com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.BackupMain.main(BackupMain.groovy:38) ~[stash-backup-client.jar:1.1.0]

... 149 frames suppressed

2 answers

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hi Akshaya,

I might suggest you raise a support ticket and attach your Stash and Backup client logs so we can help you further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

The backup process on the server failed. Check the server logs for more details

And please write your post in a more readable format. For instance use the code block for stacktraces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events