Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh stopped working

kehollin August 23, 2016

I've been using Bitbucket with TortoiseHg (Windows 8) with SSH authorization for the last four years with no issues, but suddenly on a push attempt I got the dreaded "abort: authorization failed". When I went to log in I noticed that I could no longer use my username but had to use my "registered email". I really don't want to have to muck about with SSH keys if I don;t have to, is there an easy way to get SSH to work with the existing keys?

1 answer

0 votes
kehollin August 23, 2016

Never mind, this was due to the recent Atlassian-wide user name change AND password change in combination with TortoiseHg. When I first looked at the TortoiseHg settings file (from the workbench select "File/Settings", then click the "{user}'s global settings" tab, then click the "Edit File" button) I noticed the first "username" field under the "[ui]" section and changed that to no avail. But when I looked more thoroughly I found the "[auth]" section below it that had "bitbucket.org.username" and "bitbucket.org.password" fields and set those to my credentials and it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events