Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sonar4stash: connection refused

Brian Sperlongano May 21, 2015

I installed sonar4stash using a trial license.  When I attempt to configure it, I get the error "An error occurred while connecting Sonar: Connect to 127.0.0.1:8500 failed: [/127.0.0.1] Connection refused.

I am running sonar on port 8500 locally.  It doesn't matter whether or not I put in the sonar username and password, it always gives the same error.

2 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

If it says "connection refused", that means that something is running on that port, which may or may not be Sonar, that does not let you connect.

First you need to figure out what is listening on that port (on Windows: netstat -a -b) and then:

• If it is not Sonar, change Sonar's port number to an unused one
  • If it is Sonar, check Sonar's logs/config to figure out why it refuses the connection.
0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hi Brian, 

Can you check if do you have some firewall blocking the access or if there is another application running on port 8500? If instead of you use the 127.0.0.1 and put your network addres e.g. 192.168.x.x is this work?

Also, doing a telnet on 127.0.0.1 on port 8500 you can establish the connection?

Regards, 
Renato Rudnicki 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events