Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple solution to backup all of our bitbucket repositories

Deleted user September 16, 2019

We are no longer in the biz of programming. Our programmer left. Asked our outside resource if we should keep bitbucket since we are not using. He said to backup all the git repositories. A quick search in Bitbucket leads me to believe there is not an easy way to do this.

Anyone in the group have any ideas how I can do this before deleting our account?

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

You can take a look at these threads for a solution to backup all the repositories using scripts, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/bitbucket-cloud-backup/tg-p?sort=views

Your other option is to manually clone each repository using git clone --mirror <repository URL>

Thanks. The responses are either over my head (not a programmer) or each answer just links to other answers, to other references that are beyond my knowledge. So there isn't a step by step for the non-programmer instructions anywhere? If I contact Atlassian directly can they/will they assist?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

The step-by-step instruction for the manual option is really simple, just follow these instructions, Clone a repository, and just add --mirror in step 4. Then repeat for each of your repositories.

You can also from within Bitbucket go in to each of your repositories and download a zip file of your repository.

0 votes

thanks Mikael. I really appreciate the guidance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events