show commits in stash diff

Geir Egil Hansen June 10, 2015

In a pull request I can select between "Overview", "Diff" or "Commits". And thats fine. When in "Diff" and looking at a specific file, I would like to see which commits the changes in that file is related to. And what JIRA issue as well (if available).

As of now I use the git file history via my IntelliJ to see which commits that the changes belong to. It would be very nice to see it directly in Stash.

Any possibility for this in teh near future?

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You can see this (plus more, which is probably irrelevant for you) if you open the Browse tab, select the file and the branch the pull request will merge and switch to the blame view.

If you want to create a feature request for exactly what you describe above, you can do it at http://jira.atlassian.com , but I doubt that this will ever be implemented for you.

Browse tab?  I got the Overview, Diff and Commits tab. What Browse tab?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

The main tabs on the left side, where it has Source (this one), Commits, Branches, Pull Requests, etc.

menu.jpg   No "Browse" there? Using version 3.9.1, local installation.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2015

Source = Browse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events