Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search pull request by commit

Kendrick Burson March 10, 2017

I need to search through our history to find out which pull-request merged a specific SHA into our main branch.  I need to find out who approved the pull request for that specific commit.  How can I do this?

the pull request view on the site allows me to filter by author, but that did not show me the commit SHA I found in history (by a specific author).  It is possible that the PR author modified the PR commit message to not include the list of commits (the default behavior), so I am unable to map commits to pull-request approvals.

1 answer

0 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2017

Edit:  Sorry, my answer assumed you were on Bitbucket Server instead of Bitbucket Cloud.   I didn't notice you tagged your questions with Bitbucket Cloud until now.   Nonetheless, it's worth checking out the Bitbucket Cloud REST API to see if it has anything similar.

------

Original answer below:

You might have some luck with pull-requests REST API (official reference docs here).

e.g.,  "pull-requests?at=refs/heads/master&state=MERGED".

The JSON results appear to have some commit-id's in them.  

Live example from my demo server (authenticate as "test" / "test" first):  http://vm.bit-booster.com/bitbucket/rest/api/1.0/projects/bb/repos/b/pull-requests?at=refs/heads/master&state=MERGED

p.s.  I'm the original author of the add-on Bit-Booster for Bitbucket Server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events