Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

required plugin has failed to start

warecm43 December 7, 2016

Hello,

I'm using Bitbucket 4.6.2 and I was trying to update my java to the latest u111 for patching purposes.  Doing this caused the services to not start (still looking at old java location for some reason even though system variable was updated).  So I reverted back to the previous version of java that it had been running on.  This allow the services to start, but now when I access the site I receive the following:
"A fatal error has occurred

The following problems occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:

*Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin has failed to start

*Required plugin com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin has failed to start

*Required plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin has failed to start

*Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.ssh-plugin has failed to start

*Required plugin com.atlassian.support.stp has failed to start"

I have tried the suggestion of deleting the .bundled-plugins and .osgi-cache and letting them be rebuilt when the service restarts, but I still get the same errors.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction of where to look to resolve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
warecm43 December 7, 2016

Got it resolved.  Seems as though the process of rebuilding those directories did not work for some reason, so I removed just the files that it was complaining about from both folders instead of the whole folders.  Afterwards when the services were restarted, and the site was brought up, it ended up finding what it needed and all was happy.

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2016

There should be more information in the atlassian-bitbucket.log file (in BITBUCKET_HOME/log). If this doesn't clarify what's going wrong, I'd suggest opening a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events