Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repository exceeds size limit

Bouke Johannes Kaaks November 10, 2021

Hi all,

Our bitbucket repository exceeds the size limit. The problem was with a certain branch called sl_phaseChange that contained too large commits. I first tried fixing it by reverting to previous commits, then by deleting the branch entirely from the remote. However this didn't work. 

Locally I've managed to run the garbage collection and reduce the repository size. However I cannot run the garbage collection on the remote. Therefore I'm kindly requesting the support staff to run the garbage collection and help bring the size down. 

Thanks in advance for the help,

Kind regards,

Bouke. 

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2021

Hi Bouke,

I checked in our system the repos that your Bitbucket Cloud account owns or has access to, and one of them was over the size limit. I ran a garbage collection on this repo and its size is now 29.2 MB.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Bouke Johannes Kaaks November 10, 2021

Thank you so much Theodora. 

I will learn from my mistake for the future.

Best wishes,

Bouke. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2021

Hi Bouke,

You are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events