Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove team member

parent55 March 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bitbucket Cloud Teams

As the team administrator, how do I remove a member from the team who is no longer part of the team?

5 answers

8 votes
Karl Roberts March 8, 2017

I have the real answer now.

Make sure you go to the 'Teams' setting menu:

1. Select Teams at the top
  2. Select Manage team on the right hand side
  3. Go to Plan details

From here you should be able to see who is attached to a group / repo, you can simply remove them by selecting the (x) next to the user

DigitalBaron May 1, 2018

I have no clue what you are talking about.  After logging into Bitbucket, I do not see any "Teams" or anything else "at the top".  What are you talking about?

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 10.08.18 PM.png

Bertin Colpron August 27, 2018

In the popup menu from your profile icon (bottom left). Follow your team's link and hit the "Settings" button (visible only to team admins).

2 votes
Eric Pardee May 19, 2020

In our case, there isn't a Team link at the top. In our company Workspace there are Members that no longer are associated with the company. When I clicked on Manage users from the Members page, the user/member in Members is not listed in any User group.

The Solution: Painstakingly go through all of your Bitbucket repositories until you find the offending member/user (Atlassassin nomenclature) and remove the user from the repository. Once removed, the member/user will no longer show on the Members page. This process is absurd.

Lucas Rocha August 25, 2020

Worked for me. I agree its absolutely nonsense.

There should be a user removal button on the members page that automatically disconnects the removed member from all repositories automatically.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Carlos Perez-Navarro August 8, 2019

This is what worked for me in the simplest terms...

Sign into Bitbucket

Click your profile pic at the bottom left corner

Click Bitbucket settings
2019-08-08 13_01_02-.png

Make sure that you select the drop down next to the big Settings heading at the top to match match your organization.

Click Users on Plan (under plans and billing on left side)

2019-08-08 13_04_02-schooldata _ users on plan — Bitbucket.png

Finally, click the x next to the users you want to remove.

That's what worked for us, hope it helps others.

Tomáš Hanus November 3, 2019

But removed member is still in Members page.

Like # people like this
GOshaSaveiko January 12, 2020

You can still see this member under Team Settings/Access Management/User Groups? For me works that I remove member from user group "Developers"

Hữu Ðà Trần May 18, 2020

We have the same issue. Some users are visible on the the `Members` page, but not on the `Users on plan`.

quoin___users_on_plan_—_Bitbucket.png

Like Pieter Smit likes this
Paul Glinker September 8, 2020

I have the same issue.  Thanks for posting that clarifying screenshot :-)   Would be great to be able to list the repos associated with the members who are not users on the plan.  As it stands, I have literally dozens of repos and can not locate the one(s) that this fantom member belongs to :-(

Like Hữu Ðà Trần likes this
xelixsupport September 17, 2020

I have the same issue. Someone in "Members" (who has now left the business) who I can't find in Settings to actually remove from the account. Is anyone from Atlassian looking into this?

Like Paul Glinker likes this
Paul Glinker September 17, 2020

I tried searching through the dozens of repos that we have, but could not find this person added explicitly to any of them. 

Timo Pitkäranta September 20, 2020

I guess there are 3 things to do:

1. Delete user under "Members" -> "User on Plan"
  2. If applicable, delete user under "Members" -> "User Group" -> [Group Name]
  3. If applicable, go through all your repositories in case someone has granted individual User access instead of Group access to each repository 
Paul Glinker September 23, 2020

The problem here is that the process of manually checking each repository to see which one the person has been granted individual access to does not scale well when you have a large number of repositories.

By total fluke I did stumble upon the repository that this person had individual access to, and I removed that person's access. Now they no longer show up in my "members" section. YAY! FINALLY!

Dear Atlassian, please, at a minimum, provide a way to list all repositories to which individual users have been granted access.  If you want to go all the way and really solve this, add a search feature that will list repositories to which a specific user has individual access.

Like # people like this
Hữu Ðà Trần September 23, 2020

That feature of list all repositories a user has access to actually exists (users on plan), and there's a bug in it, that's why we are all here. I definitely cannot go through my 80+ repos to find that person... at least, not in a reasonable amount of time... and we are not good customer enough to have access to the API to do that automagically.

and... their added security of adding by email renders it impossible for me to just re-add the user and hopefully the cache will show me repos with individual access the user has...

0 votes
JP Williams January 11, 2021

If you click on "View Access" under the Actions column in the Users on plan workspace settings, then it at least shows you a list of all groups that user has access to and the access type like "group".  

Pieter Smit May 25, 2021

On "Members" the user still shows (With no info) but under "View Access" the user is gone.

Such a frustrating interface.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

You remove their accounts in the "Settings > Permission" page 

Karl Roberts March 8, 2017

I can't find a Settings Permission page... so All i could do was Team -> click ManageTeam -> User Groups 

and for each group look for the member and remove them.

not very satisfactory and now I can still see a "member" of my team who is not in any group, I need to kick him off the team how do I do that?

Like # people like this
Bertin Colpron August 27, 2018

I have the same problem. Users I removed from groups still appear in team "members", but they don't appears in the "users on plan" list. 

I haven't found a way to completely remove a user...

Like # people like this
Abhi May 20, 2020

Any luck I'm facing the same issue.

Randall Eike July 2, 2020

I have the same problem right now.

More than four years later and this issue still exists?  This is ridiculous. 

I'm moving all my projects to GitHub.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events