Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove "create repository" link from project page in Stash UI

michael_giroux October 14, 2015

We have implemented a Jenkins job that uses Stash REST API to create a repository, populate with a standard .gitignore file, and a default README.md file.  The job then creates a standardized set of branch permissions.

We want to enforce that all repositories are created using this Jenkins job.  Unfortunately, some project admins continue to use the "Create Repository" link on their project page and end up creating repositories that do not conform to our standards.

I would like to remove the "Create Repository" link from the UI so that users MUST use our Jenkins job to create the repository according to our standards.

Is there a template file somewhere that I can update to get rid of the "Create Repository" link and possibly add a link to our Jenkins job?

1 answer

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

Hi,

You can only disable the creation of personal repositories by configuration (feature.personal.repos=false in Stash's/Bitbucket Servers properties file). To not allow the creation of new repositories in the UI, you would have to write a plug-in. I would suggest to use a servlet filter for "projects/*/repos?create" and then show a page with a warning that repositories should be created through your Jenkins job:

httpResponse.sendRedirect("/your-page");

Of course, there are also commercial plug-ins available that can help you here (e.g., Repository Templates and ScriptRunner for Bitbucket).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events